The responsibility of Reykjavik University research council is to help build and maintain a strong research-oriented culture at the University through motivation and support, design of processes and the pursuit of funding opportunities.
The council is composed of one representative from each academic school, in addition to a chairman appointed by the rector of the University in consultation with the deans.
The research council formulates research strategy and provides advice to the rector and deans for implementing the strategy. Further, the council provides the rector with advice in research matters which do not pertain to individual schools. School proposals on the composition of review committees for academic hiring and promotions are sent to the council for comment.
RU research council:
- Hannes Högni Vilhjálmsson, associate professor at School of Computer Science, Chair.
- Kristinn R. Þórisson, associate professor at School of Computer Science.
- Marina Candi, associate professor at School of Business.
- Gunnar Þór Pétursson, associate professor at School of Law
- Halldór Guðfinnur Svavarsson, associate professor at School of Science and Engineering
The secretary of the council is RU executive director of quality, Dr. Kristján Kristjánsson.