Academic position in the field of Economics and Econometrics
The School of Business at Reykjavik University is looking for a full time faculty member to join our economics group. Relevant areas for teaching and research can include macroeconomics, econometrics and microeconomics preferably with a focus on the economics of energy markets.
Academic titles of assistant professor, associate professor or professor will be assigned following an assessment procedure.
RU is a private university with approximately 3500 students thereof around 1000 in the School of Business. More information about our University and the School of Business.
We offer undergraduate and graduate programs and courses in both English and Icelandic. We aim to develop these programs further by increasing the number of faculty focusing on economics and econometrics, increasing the course selection in these fields and promoting research in the field economics.
Further information about our graduate and undergraduate programs is found at: http://en.ru.is/studies/
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent academic and teaching qualifications and references that can help us strengthen and develop further our teaching and research in economics.
We expect that candidates
- Have experience in teaching at the graduate level in business administration and related fields.
- Are determined to focus on delivering teaching of high quality and can embrace a variety of teaching methods.
- Hold PhD qualifications.
- Have published academic papers on relevant subjects in international academic journals.
- Have ideas and proposals regarding further research into these areas.
- See university teaching and research as closely connected to practice in business organizations.
We would like to see an application containing
- Your motivation for applying for the position.
- A description of your academic record to date.
- A list of publications.
- Short description of courses taught to date.
For further information, please contact dr. Thoranna Jonsdóttir, dean of the School of Business (email@example.com). Open for applications until September 20th 2014 here below. Your application will only be considered if submitted via our online recruitment system.