Academic position in the field of Accounting and Auditing
The School of Business at Reykjavik University is looking for a full time faculty member to join our finance and accounting group. Preferred areas of teaching and research can include: financial accounting, financial reporting standards, auditing practices, tax accounting, risk management and business intelligence.
Academic titles of assistant professor, associate professor or professor will be assigned following an assessment procedure.
RU is a private university with approximately 3500 students thereof around 1000 in the School of Business. More information about our University and the School of Business.
We offer undergraduate and graduate programs and courses in both English and Icelandic, including masters programs in finance and accounting. Graduate programs in business at RU have been growing in recent years and our aim is to become the preferred graduate programs in Iceland.
The focus areas of our graduate programs in finance and accounting include:
- Corporate Finance: Focus on basic and advanced aspects of corporate finance including financial management, portfolio valuation, international finance, risk management and fixed income analysis.
- Management accounting: Focus on decision support including application of various management accounting methods, management reporting, business process management and business intelligence and analytics.
- Financial accounting and auditing: Focus on financial reporting standards, auditing practices and methods, tax accounting, corporate accounting and accounting fraud.
We aim to develop these programs further by increasing the number of faculty focusing on these subjects, by adding finance and accounting courses to our programs and by promoting research in the field of finance and accounting. Further information about our graduate and undergraduate programs.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent academic and teaching qualifications and references that can help us strengthen and develop further our teaching and research in finance and accounting.
We expect that candidates
- have experience in teaching graduate students and undergraduate students in accounting.
- are determined to focus on delivering teaching of high quality and can embrace a variety of teaching methods.
- hold PhD qualifications.
- have published academic papers on finance and/or accounting subjects in international academic journals.
- have ideas and proposals regarding further research into these areas.
- see university teaching and research as closely connected to practice in business organizations.
We would like to see an application containing
- Your motivation for applying for the position.
- A description of your academic record to date.
- A list of publications.
- Short description of courses taught to date.
For further information, please contact dr. Pall Rikhardsson, director of Finance and Accounting Programs (email@example.com) or dr. Thoranna Jonsdóttir, dean of the School of Business (firstname.lastname@example.org). Open for applications until September 20th 2014. Your application will only be considered if submitted via our online recruitment system.