Introducing: A new RU Council
Operating as a forum for discussions regarding academic policy, teaching and research and RU´s collaboration with industry. The Council has 10 members representing industry, academia and government.
Rector arranges and attends the meetings of the Council. Deans of RU Schools and the president of the student union also attend.
- Björgólfur Jóhannsson, Chairman SA Business Iceland and CEO at Icelandair
- Drífa Kristín Sigurðardóttir, lawyer
- Eyjólfur Árni Rafnsson, Mannvit
- Georg Lúðvíksson, Director Meniga
- Guðfinna S. Bjarnadóttir, Director LEAD Consulting
- Guðrún Hafsteinsdóttir, Chairman, SI - the Federation of Icelandic Industries and marketing director at Kjörís
- Hjörleifur Pálsson, Chairman and consultant
- Hreggviður Jónsson, Chairman of board at Viðskiptaráð and Chairman Veritas Capital
- Hörður Arnarson, CEO Landsvirkjun
- Kristín Friðgeirsdóttir, chairman, lecturer at London Business School lecturer and RU MBA