Students who wish to enroll at Reykjavik University need to apply online using our application website. In many cases, applicants are required to send additional information. We encourage you to study the page for your desired programme, where you will find the information you need about admission requirements and documents needed to complete your application. Below you can find information about applying to RU through our website.
Register and log in
- New users need to register by creating a user name and password.
- Those who have registered can log in to the application system.
- Start by filling in your personal information, under “Applicant”
Required information and documents
- All accompanying information for your application needs to be submitted in this section. Read through your department's website for detailed information on requirements for admission. You will find the information under the tab labeled “Admissions” for your chosen programme.
- Reykjavik University accepts scanned documents initially, for admission assessment, which can be uploaded to the application form, but original copies must be submitted to receive an unconditional offer. You do not need to supply original transcripts until specifically requested.
- To create an application, click on “Applications” and then the green “Apply” button.
- In the dialog box that appears you must first select the “School” and then the “Major” you wish to apply for. Other fields are optional.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be assessed. Please make sure that all accompanying information and documents are in the system before submitting your application.
Saving your application
You can save your application to work on later by clicking on the “Save for later” button. This does not submit the application for review. Your application will then appear in the application list as “Draft”.
Submitting your application
When you are ready to submit your application you need to open it (if you saved it before) and click on the “Apply now” button. This submits the application for review to the school and the status of the application will now be “Submitted”.
Please note that you need to send certified paper copies of all relevant transcripts and other required documents to the school before your application will be formally reviewed. If your application is missing required documentation, a notification will be sent to the email address you supplied during the registration process. In addition, these notifications will appear by each application shown in the application list and can be viewed by clicking on the "Open" link located by each application. Information on which documents are required can be found on each programme's web page under the tab "Admissions".
- It is not possible to change a submitted application. It is, however, always possible to update the information under the “Applicant” menu regardless of your application(s) status.
- Applications in the “Draft” state will not be formally reviewed by the school. You need to first submit your application so the status is “Submitted”. You can see the status of each application in the application list under “Applications”.
- To view an application you can do so by clicking the “View” link by each application in the application list. If it is possible to change an application you can click the “Modify” link.
- You can always withdraw or delete an application regardless of its state.
Go to RU's application web page to take the first steps towards your studies at Reykjavik University.