Scholarships for students
Please note that these scholarships are only for full-time students.
Freshman grants for outstanding students at undergraduate level
Reykavik University awards grants to outstanding freshmen for their first semester at RU. The grant covers the tuition fee for the first semester of the study.
- Everyone applying for admission at RU who attained an average grade of 8,0 in their matriculation exam can apply for the grant.In order to apply for the grant one first has to apply for admission to RU.
- Only those planning to complete 3 years BS /& BA study can apply for the grant.
- Selection of those receiving the grant will be based on the outcome of the matriculation exam and an evaluation of it as a preferable preparation for the study being applied for. Furthermore a personal statement in the application will be taken into account.
- Applicants for the grant will receive a reply in the middle of June for fall semester and in the middle of December for spring semester.
- The selection committee consists of the Director of Teaching Affairs, the Director of Student Affairs and the Executive Director of Human Recourses and Quality.
The purpose of the grant is to encourage outstanding students to an ambitious study and to help them to dedicate themselves fully to their study. The deadline for application is Desember 15th for spring semester and June 1st for fall semester.
Students who achieve the best results in each examination period have a chance to be on the Dean's List and have their tuition fees for the next semester waived.
The Entrepreneur Fund of Guðfinna S. Bjarnadóttir
The Entrepreneur Fund of Dr. Guðfinna Bjarnadóttir, former RU Rector, was established on 3 May, 2007. Behind the establishment of the fund are Bakkavör Group, The Iceland Chamber of Commerce, and RU. The fund rewards those RU students who each year submit the best business plan in connection with projects worked on within the school.