Board of Directors and Council
Board of Directors
Comprised of five full members and one alternate member, each elected at RU´s annual meeting. The Board of Directors is responsible for planning, administration, finance, determining tuition fees and general operations. Rector of RU attends meetings.
- Chairman: Hjörleifur Pálsson, business administrator
- Finnur Oddsson, CEO, Nyherji
- Frosti Ólafsson, managing director, Iceland Chamber of Commerce
- Guðrún Hafsteinsdóttir, chairman of the board, Federation of Icelandic Industries
- Þorgerður Katrín Gunnarsdóttir, head of dept. of education and innovation, SA-Business Iceland
- Alternate: Björn Brynjúlfur Björnsson, economist, Iceland Chamber of Commerce
Operating as a forum for discussions regarding academic policy, teaching and research and collaboration with industry. The Council has 10 members representing industry, academia and government.
Rector arranges and attends the meetings of the Council. Deans of RU Schools and the president of the student union also attend.
- Hjörleifur Pálsson, chairman and consultant
- Björgólfur Jóhannsson, chairman of SA Business Iceland, CEO at Icelandair
- Arndís Kristjánsdóttir, lawyer
- Eyjólfur Árni Rafnsson, Mannvit
- Georg Lúðvíksson, CEO, Meniga
- Guðrún Hafsteinsdóttir, chairman of SI - the Federation of Icelandic Industries and marketing director at Kjörís
- Hreggviður Jónsson, chairman of the board of Iceland Chamber of Commerce and chairman at Veritas Capital
- Hörður Arnarson, CEO, Landsvirkjun
- Kristín Friðgeirsdóttir, lecturer at London Business School and RU MBA
- Katrín Olga Jóhannesdóttir, Chairman of the Board, Iceland Chamber of Commerce