1. Before you Apply
Make sure you meet the general university admission requirements and individual programme requirements for your programme.
Please note that all applications require supporting materials to be submitted along with the completed application form. Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Reykjavik University accepts scanned documents initially, for admission assessment, which can be uploaded to the application form, but original copies must be submitted to receive an unconditional offer. You do not need to supply original transcripts until specifically requested.
3. Supporting Documents
- Official university transcript/s
- English language test score certificate (non-native speakers only).
- Language test waiver
- Scanned copy of passport
- Two academic references
You should select two referees who can provide an informed view of your academic or professional ability and suitability for your chosen programme of study. Please note that we are not able to accept references uploaded to this online application form. Please ask each referee to send their reference on institutional or professional letter-headed paper in a sealed envelope to the following address:
- International Admissions
4. Waiting for an offer
- Interviews: You may be requested for an interview, for students outside of Iceland we offer this by Skype or telephone.
- Offers: If your application is successful, we will send you an offer of a place, an invoice for fee payments and Information about visa requirements
5. Accepting an offer from Reykjavik University
- Confirming your offer
To accept the offer you receive from Reykjavik University, you will need to pay the registration fee before the stated deadline.
Confirmation fees amounts and deadlines:
|MBA||150,000 ISK||July 1st|
|Iceland School of Energy||700 USD/ 500 EUR||
|School of Business (except MBA)
School of Computer Science
School of Law
School of Science and Engineering
|60,000 ISK||July 1st, 2014|
- Methods of payment
Registration and tuition fees can only be paid by bank transfer to the Reykjavik University bank account. When we receive your payment we will issue you with an electronic confirmation of enrolment.
6. Apply for your visa
Please check our page visa and residence permits to determine what, if any, permits or visas you will need to apply for. Ensure that you begin the visa process early, as applications for visas can take up to six months.
7. Join us
In the months preceding the start of your course we will send you our pre-arrival information and a list of accommodation available in Reykjavik. Our team at the International Office will assist you with any worries before you leave, and provide you with information regarding moving to, and living in, Iceland.
Two weeks before the term begins you will receive your RU intranet login details. This unique login will give you access to timetables, teaching materials and all your course information for the duration of you studies at RU.
English language requirements
Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in English.
- A minimum TOEFL test score of 550 is required (213 in the computer-based test, 79 in the internet based test)
- IELTS score of at least 6.0 (both general and academic accepted).
Language requirement waiver
We will waiver the requirement of an English language certificate in the following circumstances:
- The applicants native/mother tongue language is English
- If the applicant has studied towards a higher education degree and the language of instruction was English (minimum requirement 3 years full-time). A certificate from the university will be required to confirm this.
Completed applications for the Fall 2015 semester, including supporting documents, must be received before the following dates:
|Home/EU/EEA||April 30th, 2015|
|January 31st, 2015|