BSc in Business Administration
Language of instruction: Icelandic
Selected modules available in English
This diverse and demanding programme prepares students for the professional world or further studies.
Why study Business Administration at RU?
- International accreditation
- Diverse course options and interdisciplinary studies
- The programme has received international accreditation from EPAS which attests to its quality. The accreditation is granted by the European Foundation for Management Development EFMD which is a membership organisation of 750 business universities/faculties and other parties that wish to work on developing and improving business education. Further information on the accreditation.
- Emphasis on practical assignments
- International knowledge and strong ties with industry
- Our professors are accomplished specialists who have acquired graduate and doctoral degrees at highly regarded international universities, and possess vast professional experience.
BSc in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Science or Law
The School of Business, in cooperation with the School of Computer Science and the School of law, now offers a BSc degree in Business Administration with Law or Computer Science as a minor. The students complete 120 ECTS in Business Administration and 60 ECTS in Computer Science or Law.
- Learning outcomes in Business Administration (PDF)
- Learning outcomes in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Science (PDF)
- Learning outcomes in Business Administration with a minor in Law (PDF)
The degree consists of core courses which account for 144 ECTS, electives for 24 ECTS, and a final assignment that counts for 12 ECTS. The programme takes three years to complete. Students generally take five courses (30 ECTS) per semester, four courses at the12 week period and one course at the three week period. An emphasis is placed on problem-solving classes, diverse assessment methods, and on utilising the advantages of group project work.
- Structure of BSc in Business Administration.
- Structure of BSc in Business Administration with a minor in Computer Science.
- Structure of BSc in Business Administration with a minor in Law.
A matriculation examination or equivalent. Other degrees will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants should preferably have certain basic mathematical skills. These basic skills consist in basic algebra (for example, power, roots, and logarithms), functions, curves in a coordinate system, and differentiation. It is preferable that students have completed at least mathematics 363 or equivalent. Good skills in both Icelandic and English are required. The same admission requirements apply to the full-time programme and the part-time programme.
In order to apply for full-time programme, students need to speak Icelandic. Students can however take courses in the programme through the RU´s students' exchange programme.
What needs to accompany applications?
- An official (stamped) transcript of the matriculation examination must be submitted in print format to the RU reception. Scanned diplomas are not accepted.
- Letter of recommendation (a plus but not mandatory)
If students have completed university-level courses, they can apply for those previous studies to be evaluated for transfer of credit. Rules and form for evaluation of previous studies.
Guðný Arna Einarsdóttir
Programme Administrator of the BSc in Business Administration
You can also contact Student Services for information.