The School of Business offers PhD programmes in Psychology and Business.
The PhD programme is intended to strengthen research at the School of Business, and at the same time train young scientists for the benefit of Icelandic industry and secure the position of RU as an internationally recognised university. The PhD programme at the School of Business trains students to use scientific work methods to acquire and disseminate new knowledge. In order to complete a PhD degree, students must demonstrate:
- General knowledge of the basic elements of the academic field in question.
- Expertise in their area of research.
- Skill in the use of scientific work methods.
- Skill in delimiting, developing, and carrying out independent research.
- Skill in communicating results verbally and in writing in both domestic and international forums.
- An independent and recognised contribution to knowledge creation in their area of research.
Rules for PhD Studies
Application and Contract
Applications for admission to the PhD program require the agreement of a proposed supervisor. Applications can be submitted to April 30th for the fall semester and to November 5th for spring semester. Online application information.
The following documents shall accompany the application:
- Transcripts of university diplomas.
- A curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- The names of three referees who may be contacted for a reference.
- A brief description of the subject of the proposed doctoral research.
- A proposed primary supervisor.
- Information about how the PhD student will finance his/her studies.
TuitionInformation on tuition fees, dates and amounts.
Rules for PhD Studies
The rules for the School of Business PhD program can be found here: Rules for PhD Studies.
PhD Administration & Contact
The Research Council and the Dean of the School of Business are responsible for the supervision of the PhD programme at the School.
In consultation with the Research Council, the Dean shall decide on the admission of students to the PhD programme and appoint advisors and thesis committees.
Director of PhD studies in Psychology is dr. Bryndís Björk Ásgeirsdóttir
Director of PhD studies in Business Administration is dr. Marina Candi
Director of Research & PhD Program:
Members of Research Council:
Dean at School of Business:
To contact the PhD Administration and enquire further about the PhD programme please send an e-mail to the PhD Administrative Director, Guðrún Ragna Hreinsdóttir email@example.com.