Law study at Reykjavík University is an ambitious programme, placing high demands on students and teachers. Emphasis is placed on encouraging student initiative and public speaking and presentation training. Lectures form part of the programme as well as work sessions and seminars. Students are required to take an active part in class discussions. Study at RU Law School consists of basic study for a BA degree and graduate study for the ML degree.
The programme comprises 165 ECTS from the subject core and 15 ECTS from elective subjects. A detailed description of courses is published in the course catalogue.
The RU School of Law gives special weight to:
- A sound jurisprudential basis and command of classical and contemporary legal theories.
- Quality of teaching, diverse teaching methods, diverse study evaluation and quality of feedback to students.
- Purposeful training for students in applying legal methodology.
- Use of electronic media in the study and practice of law.
- Encouraging students to develop independent working practices.
- Practical project work.
- Limiting the number of students to ensure quality services and a personal connection between students and teachers.
- Individualised courses of study in the master's programme.
- Diverse choice of emphases and courses of study in the master's programme.
- Modern learning facilities.